Guest Post by Groom Journal
Washing your face is simple, right? Just splash some water on, rub in a little bit of cleanser and rinse. While this method may work for some, washing your face can be a little bit more involved for most people. We all have a unique skin type, so learning how to wash your face according to your skin type is important although it may be a little more work.
Despite the extra effort, learning how to wash your face properly can be very beneficial for your skin. A facial cleanser is meant to wash away dirt, dead skin cells, makeup, oil and anything that may clog your pores without stripping the skin or causing irritation. While applying the facial cleanser can seem like the simplest step, there are a few ways to slip up. So what’s the best way to wash your face?
5 Steps to Saving Face
- Read the Label – This is probably one of the most crucial steps in any face washing routine. Every cleanser is different, and some require a different process than others. That’s why it’s so important that you take note of the instructions on your products.
- Wash Your Hands – Making sure your hands are clean before washing your face is another crucial step. You don’t want the dirt, oil and germs from your hands transferring to your face during the face washing process.
- Wet Your Face – If your skincare product calls for a wet face, then splash some lukewarm water on your face. Avoid water that’s too warm as it can be damaging to the skin. Squeeze a small amount of product onto your fingertips and lather.
- Apply the Product – Massage the product onto your face gently and in small circular motions. Make sure to cleanse your face for at least 60 seconds in order to reap the benefits of your cleanser. Make sure that you’re not too aggressive when applying the product as this can irritate the skin.
- Rinse and Dry – Rinse the product with lukewarm water making sure to focus on stubborn areas like the nose, ears and hairline. After the product is fully removed, pat the skin dry using a clean towel. Make sure to gently dab rather than rub as this can also irritate the skin. Now that your skin is clean – you can follow up with the rest of your skincare routine.
So Which Wash Is Right for You? We Have Some Ideas
Cooling Clay Facial Wash – This unique face wash features a blend of Activated Charcoal and Tanakura Clay that helps to deep clean and purify the skin while adding hydration. This wash is great for those with combination skin who are looking for a calming option.
BioNutrient Foaming Face Wash – A gentle but powerful wash that’s best for those with dry skin. The luxurious foam, filled with Coconut Oil, Green Tea and Citric Acid has moisturizing properties that leaves the skin feeling smooth and supple.
X-Punge Foaming Face Wash – An acne fighting solution for those with acne-prone or oily skin. The Licorice Root and Arbutin in this face wash help to keep pores clear while reducing inflammation and redness.
About the Author: Groom Journal is a men’s grooming blog that aims to inspire men to be the most confident version of themselves through the power of impeccable grooming. Groom Journal publishes practical tips and advice on men’s skincare, haircare, shaving and fragrance.